Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What goes around comes around

Even the Good stuff.

My own experience:
A couple of weeks ago, towards the beginning of June.
I was at Best Buy returning a camera. I was line waiting, waiting and some more waiting. When i came up to the clerk, I told her my problem. All the time thinking, " Wow she has the most beautiful hair. " It was an a up do, with curls slightly falling, as if intentionally, but you couldn't quite tell. I didn't say anything because I thought how weird it might be for me to say it. When we were all done I just couldn't resist. I said, " Thank you ma' am, you hair looks fabulous by the way!" She smiled and said thank you. I don't know if I made her day, but I know I made her smile. Dealing with costumer complaints isn't the prettiest job, so i am glad I at least got a smile on her face.
Today I was talking to a older woman, perhaps in her late 50's. I was translating to for and my mom. We were talking about houses and real state, the economy all that stuff. Then out of nowhere the woman tells me, " You are a very pretty young lady. Very pretty. "
"Thank you, " I replied with a smile. Perhaps for me it was the fact that it was an older person that told me this that gave me a boost confidence. I am sure she had seen many pretty young ladies and I was glad I was one of them. She was someone who didn't just say it to anybody. ( Unlike guys with their hormones, if you know what I mean )Sure many of my friends tell me this, and my family but when a stranger you just met tells you this it's quite a delight. Then I realized that maybe the way I was feeling then was how this young sales clerk felt as well.

So next time you meet a stranger and really like something about them, just tell them!! Who know's you just might make their day!

1 comment:

Elle said...

I love it when people compliment me, and I'm sure it feels great when I do it to them, too! Great tip! I'll make sure I use it more often! n_n